WakeupSales is a free, open source, flexible CRM web application written using Ruby on Rails.
Some simple steps to start using WakeupSales in your premises. This procedure is well tested on Linux operating system.
- MySQL (Database)
- Sublime editor(or Any)
Below are the steps to install WakeupSales Community Edition in Linux Environment.
Step 1Download the WakeupSales Open Source Version URL: www.wakeupsales.org. Extract the archive. Upload all the files and folders to your working directory.
Step 2Open up the console window in your Linux operating system.
Step 3First of all, run a quick update to make sure that all of the packages are up to date:
sudo apt-get updateIf you do not have curl on your system, you can start by installing it:
sudo apt-get install curlTo install RVM, open terminal and type in this command:During run the curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable If error message is displaying like "but no GPG software exists to validate it, skipping." then run the following commands.
curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable
To load RVM, you may first need to exit out of your shell session and start up a new one.
- sudo apt-get install git-core curl zlib1g-dev build-essential libssl-dev libreadline-dev libyaml-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev python-software-properties libffi-dev nodejs
- apt-get install imagemagick imagemagick-common
- apt-get install nginx
- sudo apt-get install libgdbm-dev libncurses5-dev automake libtool bison libffi-dev
- gpg --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3
- curl -sSL https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable
- source /etc/profile.d/rvm.sh
source ~/.rvm/scripts/rvmIn order to work, RVM has some of its own dependancies that need to be installed. To automatically install them:
rvm requirementsYou may need to enter your root password to allow the installation of these dependencies.
Step 4Install the ruby version-2.0.0 by typing rvm install 2.0.0 in the console. It will install all the required stuffs for ruby-2.0.0. You can check the version by typing
Step 5Use the installed ruby version by typing rvm use ruby-2.0.0.
Step 6If mysql not installed then run the following commands otherwise skip it.
- apt-get install mysql-client-core-5.5
- apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client
Step 7Go the downloaded source code from console like below.
- cd /downloads/Wakeupsales
Step 8Run the command bundle. It will install the rails version as well as all the gems and there dependency gem files also.Note: If you face problem like "bundle command not found". Install the bundle gem by gem install bundler
If following error occurred during run the bundle command
An error occurred while installing mysql2 (0.3.18), and Bundler cannot continue. Make sure that `gem install mysql2 -v '0.3.18'` succeeds before bundling.
Then run the following commands
- sudo apt-get install libmysql-ruby libmysqlclient-dev
Step 9Once bundle is executed successfully, Create the database by using the following command.
- rake db:create
Step 10Populate all the tables required for the app.
- rake db:migrate
Step 11To create an user in order to login type the command.
- rake db:seed
Step 12Now you can start the server by
- rails s
Step 13Browse the wakeupsales website http://YourIpAddress or server ip address or domain name