This procedure describes the installation of Wakeupsales CRM v4.0 with MySQL storage on Linux environment (Ubuntu).
- Pre-installed or Fresh installation of Ubuntu v14.04 or v16.04
- Single, working network connection with a fixed IP address.
- RAM: 2GB
Expected time for Installation:30 mins to 45 mins *(under expert supervision)
Software to download before starting the installation of Wakeupsales CRM:
- MySQL (Database)
- Sublime editor(or Any)
Follow these steps to install Wakeupsales CRM Community Edition in Linux Environment:
- Download the Wakeupsales CRMCommunityEdition
- Extract the archive
- Open up the console window in your Linux operating system
Step 2: Update
- First of all, run a quick update to make sure all of the packages are up to date: sudo apt-get update
- If you do not have curl on your system, you can install it by running the following command: sudo apt-get install curl
- To install RVM, open terminal and type the following command: curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable
- During the RVM installation, if you get an error message like "but no GPG software exists to validate it, skipping", run the following command:
- sudo apt-get install git-core curl zlib1g-dev build-essential libssl-dev libreadline-dev libyaml-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev python-software-properties libffi-dev nodejs
- Then run : apt-get install imagemagickimagemagick-common
- apt-get install nginx
- sudo apt-get install libgdbm-dev libncurses5-dev automake libtool bison libffi-dev
- gpg --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3
- \curl -sSL https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable
- source /etc/profile.d/rvm.sh
- To load RVM, you may first need to exit out of your shell session, start up a new one and run the following command: source ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm
- In order to work, RVM has some of its own dependencies that need to be installed. You need to run the following command to automatically install them: rvm requirements
- Enter your root password to allow the installation of these dependencies.
Step 3: Install RubyFirst of all, run a quick update to make sure that all of the packages are up to date:
- Install the ruby version-2.0.0. by running the following command in the console: rvm install 2.0.0
- Now,it will install all the required stuffs for ruby-2.0.0. You can check the version by typing: rvm list
Step 4: Use the Installed Ruby
- Use the installed ruby version by typing rvm use ruby-2.0.0
Step 5: MySQL
- If MySQL is not installed in your system, run the following commands to install it.
- apt-get install mysql-client-core-5.5
- apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client
- Go to the Wakeupsales CRM application folder path (for example:/var/www/html/wakeupsales_opensource_crm/railscrm) and navigate to the config folder.
- Open the database.yml file to set username and password of your MySQL.
Step 6: Run the Bundle
- Go to the Wakeupsalesproject folder path using the following command: (For example:cd /var/www/html/wakeupsales_opensource_crm/railscrm)
- Then run the command: bundle . It will install the following:
Note: You might get an error message like "bundle command not found". If you do, run the following command: gem install bundler
- The rails version
- The gems
- Also the dependency gem files
- If the following error occurred during the bundle command:
“An error occurred while installing mysql2 (0.3.18), and Bundler cannot continue. Make sure that `gem install mysql2 -v '0.3.18'` succeeds before bundling”
Run the following commands:
- sudo apt-get install libmysql-ruby libmysqlclient-dev
Step 7: Create the Database
- Once bundle is executed successfully, create the database by using the following command: rake db:create
*Note: If the below error occurs while creating database
- Open the Gemfile (Wakeupsales_opensource_crm > railscrm> Gemfile) and replace: gem 'sidekiq' to gem 'sidekiq', '4.2.9'
- Run the command again: rake db:create
- Populate all the tables required for the app by running the following command: rake db:migrate
- In order to login, you need to create a user by running the following command: rake db:seed
[*If you still find an issue with the installation,please get in touch with us at [email protected] and one of the Wakeupsales experts will get in touch with you, to guide you further on the installation.]
- To start the server, run the following command: rails s
*Note: Here default port is 3000.
- Browse the Wakeupsales CRM website by typing: http://YourIPaddress:3000 or server ip address or the domain name.
For example: http://192.168.0.2:3000Now you have to enter your email id and password to create an Admin and start using Wakeupsales CRM.
This installation manual is provided to you without any express or implied warranty and using it is entirely at your own risk. Installing any software on a computer can have unintended sequences. We recommend you to back up your important data before trying theinstallation process.